Health & Safety for Marijuana Businesses
Our latest Health & Safety Plan is Due to be released in May 2018. Contact us for more info
Just like any business, it pays to invest in worker safety, satisfaction and growth. And, Health & Safety plans are required in just about every state's cannabis application process. All things considered, Health & Safety will remain fairly high on the list of priorities for every cannabis cultivation investor and business operator.
The cannabis business is notorious for undervaluing its workers because they are so easy to come by. During the illegal days of the past, workers were easy to find because the jobs paid a cushy risk premium per hour. Now workers are easy to find because of the social prestige that comes along with being involved in the burgeoning and fashionable industry. This does not mean it’s a good idea to pay low wages and settle for high turnover! More money will be made in the long run by investing in highly qualified employees and paying them well, thereby giving them a reason to care about product quality and the success of the business.
For cultivation sites, the first place to start with worker safety rules is the OSHA Dept. of Agriculture Worker Safety Guidelines in your state. The few things that are unique to cannabis cultivation sites when it comes to worker safety are the use of certain dangerous substances, such as Co2 in high concentrations, ozone, and pesticides. Besides that, the other risks revolve around exposure to blades used during the trimming process, and lighting systems and electricity.
HID lights get up to nearly 1000 degrees Fahrenheit at the bulb when fully ignited. This can be a risk for causing burns or fires if workers are handling bulbs or if a light falls. Fluorescent bulbs are much cooler than HID’s, but they carry the risk of easy breakage which releases toxic mercury gas and shards of glass into the immediate vicinity. (Yes, we are LED fans!)
If you have any specific questions about worker safety in cannabis facilities, please feel free to contact us.
* Marijuana Business Documentation - Business Plans, SOPs, Tracking Systems, R&D
* Marijuana Site Design - Floor plans, Room Subdivisions, Ease of Access and Use
* Marijuana Site Security - Internal and External Controls to Minimize Theft
* Marijuana Cultivation HVAC - Air Quality, Monitoring, Clearance, Temperate and Humidity Control, Co2, Ozone, Fumigation, Fire Safety
* Electrical Management for Indoor Marijuana Cultivation Sites - Power Usage & Energy Efficiency
* Marijuana Water Usage and Management- Input and Waste Management & Analysis
* Best Marijuana Grow Equipment - Ensuring the Purchase of Energy-Saving High Performance Equipment & Supplies
* Marijuana Pest Management
* Marijuana Plant Material Disposal Plans, Hazardous Waste Management
* Marijuana Grow Site Sanitation
* Marijuana Nutrient Regimens - Standard Protocols, Lab Testing, Modification & Results Tracking
* Marijuana Cultivation Grow Methods - Flowering, Cloning, Mother Plants, Veg Growth, Seed Production
* Marijuana Harvesting, Trimming, Curing, and Storage
* Cannabis Supply & Demand Production Management
* Marijuana Quality Control - Lab Testing Finished Materials and Standardizing Systems
* ROI Analyses for Marijuana Grow Operations