Illinois Craft Grower License DIY Kit
Updated for 2021!
Are you applying for a Craft Grower's License or Cannabis Infuser in Illinois? We have just completed a DIY document kit to get you started quickly!
While our individual Illinois Cannabis Plan Templates are priced at $30 per page, this kit brings the price down to $25 each, a savings of over $1500!!
The IDFPR Emergency Rules Specify the Following Sections and Point Counts:
- Illinois Suitability of Facility Plan: (75 points)
- Suitability of Employee Training Plan, Including Employee Handbook (50 points)
- Security and Record Keeping Plan (145 points)
- Cultivation Plan (75 points)
- Product Safety and Labeling Plan (95 points)
- Business Plan and Services to be Offered (110 points) (*Not part of the Kit)
- Applicant’s Status as a Social Equity Applicant (200 points) (*Not part of the Kit)
- Labor and Employment Practices Plan (20 points)
- Environmental Plan (20 points)
- Illinois Residency (90 points) (*Not part of the Kit)
- Veteran Controlled Owner (20 points) (*Not part of the Kit)
- Diversity Plan (100 points)
- Community Benefits, Substance Abuse Prevention, Local Community Neighborhood Report (6 points combined) (*Not part of the Kit)
READ MORE BELOW
Illinois Cannabis License Template FAQ - Please Read Before Contacting Us!
How many IL applicants have bought these templates? I'm worried my application will look too much like someone else's. We sell several template sets per week. We believe that just about every applicant is working from templates, whether it's templates from a law office that represents several cannabis applicants, templates from a competitive cannabis application consulting company, or DIY templates like ours. Ours is simply the cheapest because you are the customizer, not a lawyer or a cannabis consultant.
What's your history with winning applications? We don't track our history of success because we are providing templates, not customizations. It's the difference between what you get from us and what you submit that will make you a winner in a competitive setting. Simply put, we don't want to take on the responsibility of winning for you, which is why we are the low-cost option in the market.
Are you willing to do any of the document customizing for us? Unfortunately not. We are too busy creating and sharing documents and like being at the beginning of the application supply chain.
How much more work will I have to do to finish them? We estimate 60-80 hours of additional work will be needed on these exhibits. We have done over 250 hours to get them ready for you to customize.
Can I list you on my application as my cultivation expert? We do not get personally involved with applications at this time. We are simply the template provider to get you off to a solid start creating application documentation.
Can you help me get operational after I'm licensed? Check in with us if you win the license. We might have time to advise on design and implementation planning.
How much is done already on these exhibits and how compliant with State law are they? The templates are complete in terms of page count and quality text, but written from the standpoint of a hypothetical applicant, so you need to sub in your custom information to make the documents your own. We have referred extensively to IL regulations in order complete these documents and believe we are >98% in compliance accuracy with Illinois State law.
Are you or people on your team attorneys? No, we are cannabis industry veterans who have read lots of application and regulations. We are responding to the State requirements to the best of our ability and expect you to engage an attorney to review your entire application before submitting.
Can I ask you questions after I buy your templates? You get 1 free hour of email Q&A time when you buy the whole IL Cannabis Application Template Set.
How quickly do I get the documents after I complete a purchase? You should get an automatic email receipt from this website after you complete the purchase that will have the MS Word download links in it. If you have any trouble, email us, and we'll quickly email you anything that has been glitchy.
"Good morning Jennifer, Let me say I am totally blown away by the depth and level of detail in your answers, I am truly grateful to have you on our side." - Steve Hamilton, U.K.
Hi, I'm Jennifer Martin, the creator of this website and a veteran commercial grower and cultivation consultant. My colleague and I created these operating plan documents to help cannabis business operators legitimize and streamline their operations. With hundreds of satisfied customers under our belts, we are certain that we've got the best starter templates for cannabis operators available online.
Unlike other cannabis websites, this business is owner operated and I personally stand behind the quality of the available products and services.
Illinois Craft Grower License Application Support Documents
We have combed through the Emergency Rules and The Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act to include all of the subtopics relevant to the items above and created a document set for you.
In order to succeed at obtaining a cannabis cultivation grower license in a competitive state like Illinois, you can't afford to miss any of their requirements in your application. You will be competing against big companies with experience obtaining cannabis cultivation licenses in other states.
Illinois cannabis craft grower license applications will be published on Tuesday January 7th, 2020. On the first round of licensing, 40 applications will be granted. They allow 5000 sqft of flowering canopy, with the opportunity to expand up to 14000 sqft in the coming few years.
The templates we currently have identified that will be presented as separate document files in this set are:
Suitability of Facility Plan 50-page limit
Illinois Suitability of Employee Training Plan 15-page limit plus Employee Handbook
Security and Record Keeping Plan 65-page limit (Includes Inventory Control)
Cultivation Plan 50-page limit
Product Safety & Labeling Plan 55-page limit
Labor and Employment Practices 10-page limit
Environmental Plan 10-page limit
Diversity Plan 2500 words
Note: The Business Plan is not included, and we have not attempted to create content for the bonus Community Plans.
1) Suitability of the Proposed Facility (75 points): A) Measure 1 (25 points): The applicant demonstrates that the proposed facility is suitable for effective and safe cultivation of cannabis, sufficient in size, power allocation, air exchange and air flow, interior layout, lighting, and sufficient both in the interior and exterior to handle the bulk agricultural production of cannabis, cannabis-infused products, product handling, storage, trimming, packaging, loading and shipping. The loading/unloading of cannabis in the transport motor vehicle for shipping shall be in an enclosed, secure area out of public sight; B) Measure 2 (25 points): The applicant demonstrates the ability to meet consumer demand by operating the cultivation facility in a safe and efficient manner with minimal impact on the environment and the surrounding community; C) Measure 3 (25 points): The applicant provides an Operations and Management Practices Plan that demonstrates compliance with this Part and the Act
2) Suitability of Employee Training Plan (50 points): A) Measure 1 (25 points): The applicant fully describes a staffing plan that will provide and ensure adequate staffing and experience for ILLINOIS REGISTER ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE NOTICE OF EMERGENCY RULES all accessible business hours, safe production, sanitation, adequate security and theft prevention; and B)Illinois Employee Handbook Measure 2 (25 points): The applicant provides an employee handbook that will provide employees with a working guide to the understanding of the day-to-day administration of personnel policies and practices.
3) Security Plan and Recordkeeping (145 points): A) Measure 1 (40 points): The applicant's security plan demonstrates its ability to prevent the theft or diversion of cannabis and how the plan will assist the ISP, Department, and local law enforcement in carrying out law enforcement responsibilities. Specifically, it shall evidence compliance with all items in Sections 1300.355, 1300.380, and 1300.385 of this Part; B) Measure 2 (40 points): The applicant demonstrates that its plan for record keeping, tracking and monitoring inventory, quality control and security and other policies and procedures will discourage unlawful activity. It also describes the applicant's plan to coordinate with and dispose of unused or surplus cannabis through ISP and the Department; C) Measure 3 (40 points): The applicant's security plan shall describe the enclosed, locked facility that will be used to secure or store cannabis, its security measures, including when the location is closed for business, and the steps taken to ensure that cannabis is not visible to the public; D) Measure 4 (25 points): The applicant’s plan to apply for a transporter license or plan to work with a licensed transporter and the applicant’s procedures for safely and securely delivering cannabis and cannabis-infused products to cannabis business establishments.
4) Cultivation Plan (75 points): ILLINOIS REGISTER ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE NOTICE OF EMERGENCY RULES A) Measure 1 (25 points): The applicant shall describe its plan to provide a steady, uninterrupted supply of cannabis to registered dispensaries; B) Measure 2 (25 points): The applicant demonstrates knowledge of cultivation methods to be used in the cultivation of cannabis. The applicant shall describe the various strains to be cultivated and its experience, if applicable, with growing those strains or comparable agricultural products; C) Measure 3 (25 points): The applicant demonstrates the steps that will be taken to ensure the quality, including the purity and consistency, of the cannabis to be provided to dispensaries.
5) Product Safety and Labeling Plan (95 points): A) Measure 1 (35 points): The applicant shall describe its plan for providing safe and accurate packaging and labeling of cannabis; B) Measure 2 (35 points): The applicant shall describe its plan for testing cannabis and ensuring that all cannabis is free of contaminants, including but not limited to pesticides, microbiological, and residual solvent. C) Measure 3 (25 points): The applicant shall describe its plan for establishing a recall of the applicant's products in the event that they are shown by testing or other means to be, or potentially to be, defective or have a reasonable probability that their use or exposure to will cause serious adverse health consequences. At a minimum, the plan should include the method of: identification of the products involved; notification to the dispensary organization or others to whom the product was sold or otherwise distributed; and how the products will be disposed of if returned to or retrieved by the applicant
6) Applicant's Business Plan and Services to be Offered (110 points): A) Measure 1 (40 points): The applicant shall provide a business plan that describes how the craft grower plans to operate on a long-term ILLINOIS REGISTER ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE NOTICE OF EMERGENCY RULES basis. This shall include the applicant providing a detailed description about the amount and source of the equity and debt commitment for the proposed craft grower that demonstrates the immediate and long-term financial feasibility of the proposed financing plan, the relative availability of funds for capital and operating needs, and the financial capability to undertake the project; B) Measure 2 (40 points): The applicant or its officers, board members, or incorporators demonstrates experience in business management and/or having industry, agricultural or horticultural experience and the extent of their involvement in or ability to influence the day-to-day operations of the facility; C) Measure 3 (30 points): The business plan demonstrates a start-up timetable that provides an estimated time from receiving the license to cultivate to full operation, and the assumptions used for the basis of those estimates.
8) Applicant’s Labor and Employment Practices (20 points): Provide for a safe, healthy and economically beneficial working environment for its employees, including, but not limited to, its plans regarding workplace safety and environmental standards, codes of conduct, healthcare benefits, educational benefits, retirement benefits, living wage standards, and entering a labor peace agreement with employees.
9) Applicant’s Environmental Plan (20 points); A) Measure 1 (10 points): The applicant’s ability to demonstrate an environmental plan of action to minimize the carbon footprint, environmental impact, and resource needs for the production of cannabis; ILLINOIS REGISTER ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE NOTICE OF EMERGENCY RULES B) Measure 2 (10 points): The applicant’s ability to describe any plans for the use of alternative energy, the treatment of waste water and runoff, and scrubbing or treatment of exchanged air.
10) Applicant's Diversity Plan (100 points): A narrative of not more than 2500 words that establishes a goal of diversity in ownership, management, employment, and contracting to ensure that diverse participants and groups are afforded equality of opportunity;